Adverse Weather / Snow
In the event of snow/adverse weather, please ensure your child has suitable clothing i.e. coat, hat, scarf, gloves, appropriate footwear (e.g. wellies/snow boots) and that school shoes are brought to change into once inside school. Children will only be allowed to play out in the snow if they have appropriate clothing, footwear and spare clothes to change into.
Occasionally, severe weather conditions may mean that school is unable to open or may have to close early if the weather deteriorates significantly during the day. Such decisions are never taken lightly and we understand the inconvenience this brings to families as well as the impact on learning. Unfortunately, there are some occasions when this is necessary due to health and safety concerns.
For information about school closure due to snow, parents are advised to:
- Check the School Website home page regularly for updates.
- Check the Oldham Council Website for school closure information www.oldham.gov.uk
- Tune in or go online to BBC Radio Manchester or Piccadilly Key 103 for local school closure information.
- Telephone school after 8am for an update - Tel: 01457 874400 (assuming that staff have managed to make it into school).
- Parent Mail - Parents who have opted into this service, will receive a text message and/or email from school with school closure information.
- Follow us on TWITTER @delph_info To receive Delph School tweets direct to your mobile just Text follow delph_info to 86444
- Every effort will be made to update the website and send information out to parents at the earliest opportunity.
- Please make sure that contact details held by school are up to date.
Closing school and/or sending children home, will only happen in extreme circumstances and we will do our very best to keep the school open, if it is safe to do so.