The Prevent Duty
Delph Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its pupils. As a school we recognise that safeguarding against radicalisation is no different from safeguarding against any other vulnerability.
All staff are expected to uphold and promote the fundamental principles of British values, including democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect, and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
On 1 July 2015 the Prevent duty (section 26) of The Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015 came into force. This duty places the responsibility on local authorities to have due regard to the need to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism.
As part of Delph Primary School’s commitment to safeguarding and child protection, we fully support the government's Prevent Strategy.
- Promoting Fundamental British Values as Part of SMSC in School - Nov 2014 [pdf 205KB]
- Prevent Duty Departmental Advice - June 2015 [pdf 233KB]
- Revised Prevent Duty Guidance - England & Wales - July 2015 [pdf 391KB]
- Working Together to Safeguard Children - March 2015 [pdf 1MB]
- Keeping_children_safe_in_education Sept 16 [pdf 829KB]